The history of the Els Calderers estate can be traced back to the year 1285 when
the manor is mentioned in historic records for the first time as belonging to
the Calderers family. In the 18th century the noble family Ver? bought the
entire estate. The present imposing main building was probably construted from
1750 on and continuosly expanded until the early 19th century.
The estate of Els Calderers lies in the village of Sant Joan. It can be reached
by driving along the main road leading from Palma to Manacor (exit and sign at
kilometer mark 37). the entire estate includes the main building, secondary
buildings, dog houses, and field. Of note are the barns, horse stebles, and
chicken coop. Indigenous animals are held here, among them being the well-known
black pig from which the delicious Majorcan "sobrasada" is made. In addition,
various workshops such as the smithy with its historic tools, a bakehouse, a
shed, and a laundry where clothes were washed and dyed are located here.